Exactly what do I mean? let me explain:
I finally jumped into the Twitter-sphere… and with both feet!
A few months back I finally made a Twitter account. I figured at some point it might come in handy. I thought it was cute, a novelty, sure… you know, when in Rome do what the Romans do.
I didn’t do much with it really. Every so often I’d open Twitterific on my iPhone, read some tweets. However, Twitter did come in handy keeping up with the men’s Olympic hockey!
Then last month I tied in my Skype account with my MySpace account. I thought, yeah sure, why not? So I began poking around with my MySpace profile, seeing what it could do. Well, it seems there is plenty. So I filled out everything. Next I synced my MySpace profile with my Twitter account. Then I discovered I could sync my MySpace profile with my Hotmail. Okay, what can I do next? Well, I synced MySpace with Tweetdeck and HootSuite. Did it end there? No.
I checked my Hotmail account and filled out my profile, and checked out what I could do with that. Well, it seems I could sync my MySpace updates with my Hotmail profile. Okay. Then I see I can sync my Hotmail with Twitter and WordPress. Okay, sure, why not.
So next it was time to design my WordPress blog, which I’d had for a while, but never did anything with it. Next, I link my WordPress blog with Twitter. Now my tweets show up on my WordPress feed. Of course, then I have to set the META info for Google and Hotmail search engines. Some very cool stuff for webmasters by the way.
I also use Evernote. Love it! Well, it turns out I can link my Twitter account with my Evernote account. I can send direct tweets to myself!
I come across TwitPic in my reading. It turns out I can post images to TwitPic because TwitPic is linked with my Twitter account. Now, when I tweet my Evernote account with an image, the image comes from TwitPic to Evernote.
Okay, so let’s see if I have this right:
- MySpace is synced with Twitter
- MySpace is linked with TweetDeck, Windows Live, HootSuite
- Windows Live is linked with MySpace, Twitter, WordPress
- WordPress is linked with Twitter
- my tweets show up on MySpace, Hotmail, WordPress
- I can tweet from either Twitter or MySpace
- if I change my status on MySpace it updates my Twitter status
- if I post something on WordPress it shows up in the Twitter-sphere
- I can send tweets from my computer using TweetDeck
- I can send tweets online using HootSuite, Twitter
- I can send tweets from my iPhone using HootSuite, Twitterific, TweetDeck, At Once, IM+, or DM’s
- I can receive tweets on my iPhone
- I can tweet myself on Evernote
- if I send images to Evernote they come from TwitPic
- with At Once on the iPhone, I can post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, text messages
- with IM+ on the iPhone, I can send to Twitter, Hotmail, Facebook, Google Talk, MySpace
- if I change my status on IM+ it updates my Twitter status
- my tweets can show where I am geographically located
Did I leave anything out?
So, in other words, I can be anywhere at anytime, and be totally up to date!